Ellucian announced today that one of the Banner upgrades scheduled for our August Maintenance introduces various security issues so the maintenance window will be postponed until Wednesday, September 2nd. Enterprise Applications will be working with Ellucian to coordinate the upgrades and patches needed to resolve the security issues.
As part of the August maintenance, a new version of the Application Navigator landing page in Banner 9 Admin Pages will be implemented. The new landing page will provide the UIW community with a technical currency refresh and several highly anticipated improvements to the user interface. In addition to the feature noted, several change requests are included to improve the overall quality of the solution.
The landing page changes are primarily cosmetic of course, some of the functionality is the same as in the previous version. To help everyone become familiar with the new changes, Banner resources are available by clicking on the link below.
Enterprise Applications has set up several webinars for Banner Users to see the new features of the Application Navigator 3.3 upgrade and answer any questions you may have. Please click on the following link to sign up for the webinars. 😊
Enterprise Applications will be performing maintenance from 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 2nd through 3:00 a.m., Thursday, September 3rd .
The following regulatory production change items will be included in the maintenance window:
- Banner Application Navigator 3.2, 3.3, 3.3.1 (Required for Financial Aid Upgrades)
- Banner Admin Common 22.214.171.124.7, 126.96.36.199.5 (Required for Financial Aid Upgrades)
- Banner Financial Aid 8.38.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 9.3.21 (Required for Financial Aid Administrative Operations)
- Banner Financial Aid Self-Service 8.38.1 (Required for Financial Aid Administrative Operations)
- Banner General 8.12.1 (Required for Financial Aid Upgrades)
- Banner Tax Update # 277, 278 (Regulatory Updates)
- Clean_Address Data Updates (Server Maintenance)
During the Upgrade, the following systems will not be available:
- Argos (Banner Reports)
- Automic (Scheduler for Banner jobs & data integrations)
- Banner 9 Admin Pages/SSB (Enterprise Resource Planning System)
- BDM (Banner Document Management)
- Cardinal Apps (Links to Banner 9 and BDM/Xtender within the Cardinal Apps)
- Degree Works (Academic Advising, Degree Audit Software)
This posting (does not include, without limitations, defects and/or errors or failures on any product change item road map) is under the assumptions and illustrates the planned testing, release and availability dates for System products and services. This is provided for informational purposes only and its contents are subject to change without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at (210) 829-2721 or email@example.com.