WHAT: As part of a major network upgrade, the UIW Infrastructure team must perform an upgrade to network equipment. This upgrade requires intermittently breaking the University’s connection to the Internet for a period of time.
WHEN: This SUNDAY, August 6th from 5 PM – 10 PM.
SERVICES NOT IMPACTED:
- Offsite access to E-mail (Outlook and webmail) and OneDrive Files
SERVICES INTERRUPTED: All Internet based services / website access including but not limited to:
- MyWord Portal
- Library Resources
- Service Now
- Blackboard Transact System
- BannerWeb (for external users)
- OmniUpdate Website management
- Telephone Calls from Avaya or Cisco handsets may fail during upgrade window
- Off site VPN will not work
RESIDENTIAL INTERNET: Will be impacted with intermittent loss of connectivity throughout the outage window.
REQUIRED USER ACTION: Users are encouraged to refrain from attempting to use any network services during this time.